Monday, June 15, 2009

Shopping, Shopping, and MORE Shopping

Most ladies out there are thinking to themselves “Ah… sounds like the ideal weekend” me on the other hand, not so much. I like to shop if I know EXACTLY what I want and where I’m going to find it. Mom and I went to Dallas Thursday night with full intentions of buying the “essentials” for my blossoming teacher wardrobe. Hailey, mom, and I shopped till I literally dropped. I got so much stuff and most of it was on sale (which means more bang for my buck). I got a ton of dress pants, capris, very cute sun dresses with matching cardigans, and a bunch of other staples for work! We had such a fun weekend full of shopping, eating, drinking, and little laying out by hailey and matt’s pool. Gee Whiz- it was so hot in dallas I couldn’t hardly stand myself. I also got to spend some quality time with my only nephew- Tico the Freak-o. He’s the weirdest dog ive ever met, but I love him to death. We had such a great time in Dallas, thanks to hailey and matt for having us!
{having a beer on their patio thing}
{only pictures from the weekend}
Then on the way home I got the MOST amazing news I’ve gotten in quite some time: I got my placements for my Master’s year. This probably means absolutely nothing to most of you, but to me the BIGGEST weight has been lifted off my shoulders. This means I know what grades I will be working in and who my mentor teachers will be. I will be in 2nd grade for 9 weeks, KINDERGARTEN for 18 weeks (woop woop), and 3rd grade for the last 9 weeks. According to friends of mine that have already completed their master’s it can be a breeze or it can be a year of living hell. All dependent of who your mentor teachers are. When I found out I had goose bumps for most of the drive home from Dallas. The reason I am SO ESTACTIC is because 2 out of the 3 teachers I know personally and I know they are A-MAZING teachers. My mom knows the teacher I don’t know and says she a blast…so I couldn’t be happier. I wish I could just bypass summer school and pick out my first day of school outfit and meet those little Kiddos! Yippie… I can’t wait.
Well my timer just went off…I’m toasting almonds for some chicken salad. Yummy!
Hope you had a great weekend.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment