Thursday, August 6, 2009

And My Predictions Were CORRECT

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her...she's amazing!!! We were friends at first sight and I couldn't be more excited. She showed me around her lovely room and then I got the tour of the other second grade classrooms! THEN I got the whopping tour of the entire school.. including the nice bathrooms and the not so nice bathrooms, the teachers lounge (which is very nice, if I do say so myself), the cafeteria, the copying room, the library, the office, and the playgrounds. Whew! I even was lucky enough the get the COPYING 101 class...which I loved! I learned how to make copies with 3 hole punches and staples! I'm becoming a teacher before your very eyes! We did some housekeeping in the classroom and its really cute! I'll try and snag a few pictures of it on Monday! She asked me "Do you like to sing songs?" and I responded " Well, I'm not great a carrying a tune BUT I loooove to sing". HA.. this is funny because around the McChristian household we have a song for everything- and by "we" I mean to teachers in our fam...me and mom! HA! She informed me we'll be singing a ton of songs- YIPPPPE! I knew I picked the right career! I was at Root today for a few hours and it just FLEW by! I'm really looking forward to this coming school year! Bring on those sweet little second graders!!!!! :)
{this little beauty is where i'll be spending the next year}
tomorrow is a very busy day...need sleep!

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I can see future posts about each song you sing with your kiddos!... Im amazed-- I didn't know there were copiers that fancy!!

    So excited for you! Can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Poor little kids' ears though :( HAHAHA

    love you! hope to see you soon! and i really hope you had a moment of silence for Sally today. she deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um hello - im not a teacher and i have songs too! lets not forget the Tico songs that i sing daily!

    i will say - we def got that from mom! good ole deb!

    ReplyDelete