Saturday, May 23, 2009

I love being an aunt


I told you I would create an entire post for my favorite little person in the entire world.. so here it is! Words could not express the excitement I felt inside when I found out my sister was pregnant. I couldn’t wait until that little “baby Swope” would be born. It almost killed me that they weren’t finding out what she was, so the anticipation built. She was born on November 12, 2006 at about 3:08 in the afternoon. I had my ear on the door listening for any hints of a boy or a girl… I heard Dr. Seal say “It’s a SHE” and I freaked out! I ran back in the lobby and patiently waited for mar to come out and deliver the amazing news. She was beautiful…or so we thought. HA now looking back she wasn’t THE cutest baby on this earth, but man I thought she was. She has grown from this teeny weeny little baby to a sweet and sassy 2 ½ year old. She is so wise beyond her years I can’t even explain to you… here are some of the things she has been up to lately…

{her biggest fans}

{a precious 5 months}



  • “Grandma, do you have an itouch at your house?” yes she is 2 and has an itouch but her dad won it at a meeting! =)
  • “hillary can you get Lady GaGa Pokerface on my itouch please?” She sings “can eat mine can eat mine, no you can eat my poker face” PRECIOUS
  • Now she can fully operate her itouch, watch movies and tv shows by herself. The bad part is she can also fully work my iphone. This doesn’t seem all bad until she gets done eating cake or something sticky; it takes me 30 minutes to clean it off.
  • One of her very favorite songs is “That’s not my name” by The Ting Tings. Her favorite part being “Mary Jolesia” she just sings and laughs.
  • She has had the same boyfriend for a year..his name is Leo Bradley “Lelo Brrradleeey
  • because she is so smart she has moved into the primary class at her school which is with 4 year olds.. tear
  • She loves the Tri-Delt house…and loves to sing the tri-delt songs
  • Her teacher says that they will be playing in the classroom and she will look over and B is sitting in a chair and has the rest of the kids sitting on the carpet. She is reading them books.
  • She can spell her name “BLAKELY” and says it like “BLAKE- CAA-LEE
  • She can count to 10 or higher in Spanish
  • She knows all of her colors in Spanish and many times you will hear her talking in Spanish. That wasn’t my finest moments in school, so I couldn’t tell you what she’s saying
  • She loves to play with worms aka “Squirms”
  • When I’m at her house and have to leave she says “Don’t leave Hill-da-wee”. Melts my heart and I end up staying
  • She has been obsessed with Steven since birth…when she was about 6 months she would just smile and giggle. Now, she wants to play with him all the time. He’s great with her!

You will be hearing more and more of this little girl because she literally consumes my life. It’s the weirdest thing because my love for this child started the moment I laid my eyes on her that day in the hospital. I can’t imagine the love I will feel for my very own child? It blows my mind!! I can’t wait to see her on Monday!! Yippeeee.

I’m so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. you are obsessed!

    she is lucky to have an aunt like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that red hair! gosh i just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete